Thursday, April 12, 2012

Zoot Camp 2012


This was my 2nd year attending the Zoot camp in beautiful Carlsbad, CA. I was excited to go back to CA as I fell in love with the San Diego area last year when I visited for the first time. This year was especially nice because Matt happened to be in CA for work. I flew into San Diego on Friday afternoon, picked Matt up at work, and checked into the Grand Pacific Palisades where the Zoot team was staying. We got up Saturday morning and headed to the Oceanside 70.3 race to watch. It was an overcast, cool day but the athletes raced well. We stood at T2 and watched Andy Potts, Heather Jackson, and Melanie McQuaid get off the bike and run great races. We cheered loudly for the Zoot team and even got Mark Harms to smile on the run! We enjoyed the nice CA weather with a training run and a few swims at the outdoor salt water lap pool at the hotel. It was fantastic!

Saturday night I met up with the Zoot team for dinner. Very tasty :) Then Sunday we met for a team breakfast and to get information from our sponsors. We have a couple of new really great sponsors this year including Spy sunglasses and Speedfill waterbottle systems. Garmin was there as well and showed us how to operate our new 910xt watches. We got a chance to see the 2012 and preview the 2013 Zoot products. They look really great and I'm excited to be sporting a lot of them this year!

Sunday night we had another team dinner at a really cool brewery and took team photos. I met some more new fast and friendly team mates and even convinced a few of them to go for frozen yogurt after dinner :) Monday morning we snuck in another swim, ate some breakfast with some fellow team members, and then headed our seperate ways. I can't wait to race for Zoot again this year and look forward to seeing some of my fellow Zooters at races over the course of the season! Thanks to Zoot and our sponsors for another great team camp this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment