Thursday, April 12, 2012

Garmin 910xt rocks!


I came back home to good old WI after attending the Zoot camp in Carlsbad, CA and tried out my new Garmin 910xt right away...I discovered that it totally ROCKS! In my opinion, the 910xt is a big improvement over the 310xt that I raced and trained with last year. It's lighter, it finds the satallite faster (and sometimes even indoors!), the display is easier to read, and the display of the mile splits flashes in larger print. (Apparently I must have really crappy vision...). As far as swimming goes, you can now use this model in the pool and it will even count your lengths and give you a stroke count/swim efficiency score. We tried it in the outdoor pool in CA and it worked pretty well for counting lengths. We did not try to calculate a swim efficiency score. I'll have to try that this summer. Overall, I was impressed by the improvements made from the 310xt, which I already thought was a great watch. Thanks to our sponsor Garmin for the support and for upgrading an already great product! I look forward to training and racing with my new 910xt this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment