Saturday, April 9, 2011

Zoot Camp

Last weekend I attended the Zoot camp in sunny Carlsbad, CA. I arrived Friday and got off the airplane into gorgeous sunny weather. The flowers were gorgeous! The grass was green! I checked into my hotel and swam OUTSIDE in the SALT WATER POOL surrounded by PALM TREES!! It was awesome... To make things even more awesome, I got to watch and cheer on my fellow teammates at the Oceanside 70.3 race the next day.

Race day was cooler, but perfect for racing (other than wind). Zoot had a great representation at the race. Saturday night we got together as a team for dinner. I met a lot of really neat people and had a great time.

On Sunday I got up early and swam again in the pool. Everyone on the team got together for our team picture. After breakfast we were educated on various Zoot products as well as products provided to us by our sponsors (Garmin, etc.). I was really impressed with the new Ultra TT 4.0 running shoes. Not only do they look awesome, but they feel great. They are light weight and offer great support. There's even carbon fiber in the sole of the shoe! The interior is made from a very unique fabric which they use to make the inside liner for running shorts. It's like a sock around your foot and feels great when putting the shoe on. The Garmin 310XT is pretty cool too. It is water proof and can track your time, distance, and pace on the swim, bike, and run. Later in the day we got to have a Q&A session with 3 of the pro triathletes who race for Zoot (Jordan Rapp, Kelly Handel Williamson, and Ben Hoffman). They provided great insight and reflections on their races, training, and future goals. Sunday night we had another team dinner a few blocks away from our hotel. It was delicious!

The next morning I got up early and swam again in the pool. I then checked out of the hotel and headed to the airport and back to brown, cold Wisconsin. I was sad to leave the beautiful weather and scenery. Overall, I met a ton of really great people from all over the US. I now have friends and teammates in PA, LA, AZ, CA, CO, MT, IL, etc. I look forward to racing for Zoot and seeing everyone throughout the course of the race season. Go Zoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment